Sunday, 6 March 2011

'Age Old' project

We're currently designing solutions to help the older generation get along with their lives. I've been doing a lot of role-play to understand older peoples' problems.

I managed to borrow a wheelchair and also get hold of some glasses that reduce your vision to "severely impaired".









I made a fry up whilst in the wheelchair, and then I spent the following day in University in the wheelchair which was a tough experience to say the least!

I wore the glasses for about three hours, and attempted to cook a curry and watch a movie (or rather listen to it) with my housemates. I'm pretty sure I ate at least one raw piece of chicken...eurgh.

Removing the glasses after all that time was an odd experience; it felt as if I was seeing the world in super-HD, it really made me appreciate my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment